On October 15th, The Carrousel du Louvre opened a brand new pop-up store, Pyramid., that showcases French DNVBs1. Pyramid., realised by Label Experience and operated by Digital Native Group, is the result of a rethinking on the actors and the formats for physical retail by Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield teams that has proven to be a successful collaboration between start-ups and the Group.
At the heart of the Carrousel du Louvre shopping centre, around the inverted-pyramid plaza, Pyramid. is a 170sqm concept store that displays 20 young French brands that show the diversity and dynamism of the current retail. Identified at different stages of development and covering over 14 product categories, the selected brands share common features: a strong differentiation on their segment, embodying new consumption modes and promoting strong values and federating committed communities.
Positioned as the “house of the young French brands”, Pyramid. brings together these digital brands in a setting that enables them to express their identity and universe in an immersive journey that resembles and gathers them. This new place is an invitation to discover original concepts thanks to a calendar of events and regular animations such as talks, workshops and tastings.
From digital to physical retail for digital-native brands
All these digital-native brands that are now well-established in the digital landscape – with a total of more than 1.1 M followers on social media – now have the opportunity, thanks to Pyramid., to test their concepts, launch new products, develop collaborations, meet new international clients. Opening stores in such iconic places is a key challenge for them, but for the youngest brands, it is necessary to use specific distribution channels and a dedicated operational structure.
Pyramid. is in line with Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield’s innovation strategy that aims to “strengthen desire for visitors” (first of the three pillars) in order to be the go-to partner for the winning brands of tomorrow by supporting them in entering the physical retail market through a simplified and short-term setting, while offering them the space to showcase their brand universe in a qualitative and homogeneous store design.
For the Carrousel du Louvre, Pyramid. is a way for the Group to renew its retail offer while offering a unique shopping experience to visitors. The Group’s ambition, in the long run, is to roll out these temporary rendez-vous by adapting the content to each shopping centre.
- DNVBs: digital native vertical brands
This place was created as a retail laboratory. With Pyramid., our goal was to provide a turnkey solution for these young brands that have been developing on the digital market and are now seeking physical places to broaden their audience. While opening a physical store requires a significant amount of investment at a key stage of development for these young brands, we wanted to focus this innovation process on creating a place that reflects these brands’ images and answers their operational needs in the most optimal way.Aude Kenny
Brands carefully selected: a renewal of the French “art de vivre”
These 20 brands embody the new French “art de vivre”, through their products and services, but also through the way they engage with their clients. They will offer a series of events, workshops, talks until the end of the year. A wide range of derived products around the brand “Pyramid.” was created for the occasion (mugs, tote bags, sweat shirts…) and will only be available in the store.
- Le slip français: clothes and underwear 100% made in France
- émoi émoi: the lifestyle and clothing brand that features family, mothers and fathers
- Naïa Paris: sustainable feminine lingerie
- Bonne Gueule: the brand that helps men feel comfortable in their clothes
- JOONE: trendy baby diapers produced without toxic chemicals
- D’ESTRËE Paris: the brand that brings high-end hats and accessories back in style
- Pet So Chic: the French fashion brand for cats and dogs
- Waekura: delicate, modern and sustainable gold plating jewels
- IZIPIZI: the glasswear brand for reading, screens and outdoor
- Cabaïa: the creator of innovative and colourful accessories inspired by tropical atmospheres
- HO KARAN: activist cosmetics that reveal the benefits of hemp seeds
- oOlution: 100% natural, organic and vegan cosmetics, good for the skin and the planet
- La Belle Mèche: a convivial brand of semi-handcrafted candles and perfumes
- Big Moustache: the tailor-made shaving expert
- Babines: personalised confectionery thanks to technology innovations
- Le chocolat des Français: chocolate bars made in France that offer simple and delicious childhood tastes
- Kipli: mattresses made with 100% organic latex
- Papier Tigre: paper stationery and other creative items
- The French Vikings: unique coloured concrete to decorate your home
- Monsieur Marguerite: hand-made flower bouquets that are delivered to your house each month